Easy Pumpkin Kiss Cookies (as seen on Pinterest!)

 This this time of year, it seems like everything is pumpkin flavored! Now, for my sister, this is heaven on earth. I'm not as crazy about pumpkin, but when I saw Hershey's Pumpkin Kisses last year, I just knew I had to bake something with them.

I invented this recipe mad-scientist style last fall and brought the resulting cookies in to work (as I often do). Let me tell you, I have NEVER had such a positive reaction to anything I've made! The cafeteria manager even asked for the recipe so that they could sell them!

My secret? They are semi-homemade! They couldn't be simpler - or tastier for that matter - and here's how it's done:



Easy Pumpkin Kiss Cookies

1 package of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
6Tbsp butter (softened)
1 Egg
2 Tbsp Canned Pumpkin Pie
1/4 c Pecans
1/4 c Oatmeal
1 package Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses

Grind the oatmeal and pecans in a food processor to a coarse meal. Add to a large bowl containing the cookie mix, butter, egg, canned pie filling and mix to combine.

Use a small ice cream scoop or shape the dough into small rounded balls and cook according to the package directions (mine was 375° for 8-10 minutes).

Once the cookies are out of the oven, cool on the pan for 2 minutes, then press a Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kiss in the center of each cookie and immediately move to a cooling rack.

Notes/Substitutions: The last step is crucial to achieving an aesthetically pleasing cookie! If you put the kiss on too early, or move the cookie after the kiss has started to melt, the kiss will get deformed.

Also, my husband is allergic to tree nuts and, although they honestly taste best with pecans, they can be made with hazelnuts for a very similar taste/texture. You could also substitute almonds, or even skip the nuts altogether (just make up the difference with extra oats), but of course the taste will be altered.

No comments:

Post a Comment